When I saw this recipe on TheCookingPhotographer, I couldn’t help be be intrigued by the ‘oven-fried’ concept of the sandwich. Here’s what you’ll need to get the ball rolling.
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided. Plus more for seasoning.
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce like Tabasco
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 (4 ounce) catfish or other favorite fish fillets
- Cooking Spray
- 4 (2 ounce) hoagie rolls or standard hamburger buns, toasted
- Chopped lettuce for garnish
- Thin slices of onion for garnish
- Thin slices of tomato for garnish
Check out the full spread and prep instructions here.