Served up with SeaSaltWithFood is a version of the Braised Pork Belly With Soy Sauce. This popular Chinese styled braised pork belly recipe is very delicious and addictive. Serve it up with lots of steamed rice and enjoy the tasty slow cooked meat that just melts in your mouth!
- 2 lbs (about 900 g) Pork Belly, cut into ¾ inch chunks
- 6 to 7 Tbsp Malaysian Dark Soy Sauce (Caramel-Cheong Chan Brand) or Kicap Manis (omit sugar)
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Oil
- 1 inch piece Galangal, sliced
- 1 inch piece Ginger, sliced
- 2 Bulbs Garlic, whole
- 3 (750 ml) Cups of Water
- 8 Hard-boiled Eggs, peeled
- 1 ½ tsp Sea Salt or to taste
Recipe in hand, take your mouth-watering self on over to SSWF for the preparation method.