Looking for a delicious and mouth-watering slow cooker recipe made of chuck roast, onion and an array of flavorful spices? You’re in the right spot.
Balsamic and Onion Pot Roast in the Crockpot
(Makes about 6 servings, recipe created by Kalyn.)
Kalyn of Kalyn’s Kitchen used a standard 3 1/2 quart Crockpot for this recipe.
- 3-4 pound boneless chuck roast
- 1-2 T steak rub (I used Szeged Steak Rub.)
- black pepper to taste
- 1-2 T olive oil (depends on your pan)
- 1/4 cup water to deglaze pan
- 2-3 large onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 cup beef stock, reduced to 1/2 cup (can use a can of beef broth, but be sure to reduce it)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (I used Fini Balsamic Vinegar)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (You can substitute one can diced tomatoes, drained well. I might puree the tomatoes.)
View to full recipe instructions over at Kalyn’s Kitchen.